Placing your order / Binding required / Back orders
FREIGHT AND DELIVERY
Prices subject to change / Recommended prices /Direct prices
Reservation of title / Payment of accounts / Payment procedures / Overseas customers / Credit cards / Cessation of supply / Reinstatement of supply
Non-receipt / Incorrect supply / Faulty or damaged copies
Student Textbooks / Superseded editions / Returns authorisation procedures
Placing your order
All publications can be ordered by one of the following methods;
Where a book is available in both cloth and paper binding, The Federation Press will supply in paper to any customer who does not specify a binding when ordering.
Titles which cannot be supplied immediately from stock will be backordered unless the customer's order specifies to the contrary. Customers will be advised when the title is expected to be available.
FREIGHT AND DELIVERY
All orders under $250.00 (incl. GST) will attract a Postage, Package and Handling (PPH) charge for each order. All orders over $250.00 (incl. GST) will enjoy free Postage, Packaging and Handling (PPH). Our aim is to fulfil orders within seven (7) days, at the latest, from receipt of an order. If you are experiencing any unreasonable delays, please contact us on email@example.com or 02 9552 2200.
Prices Subject to Change
All prices are firm at the date of issue of any advertisement, price list or quotation and are subject to change without notice.
All prices are recommended prices only and are expressed in Australian currency unless otherwise specified.
Reservation of title
Until the moment of payment in full of the purchase price of the goods comprised in any order, and until all other sums due by the Customer to Federation Press upon any account whatsoever have been paid or satisfied in full:
- Title to the goods comprising any order shall remain the property of Federation Press notwithstanding the delivery of the goods and the passing of risk therein.
- The Federation Press may at any time recover the goods if they are in the Customers possession and resell the goods if any payment owed by the Customer on any account is overdue or if Federation Press considers that the amount outstanding from the Customer on the general statement of account between the parties is in excess of the credit limit which Federation Press is willing to accord to the Customer and for this purpose Federation Press and its servants or agents may enter upon the Customer's or other premises upon which the goods are situated in order to seize the same.
- The Customer shall possess all goods comprised in this contract as bailee for Federation Press and on a fiduciary basis only and the Customer shall store such goods for Federation Press in a secure and proper manner without charge to Federation Press so that they are clearly identifiable as belonging to Federation Press.
- The Customer has the right to dispose of the goods in the ordinary course of business as agent and for the account of Federation Press and to pass good title to the goods to its customer being a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of Federation Press rights. In the event of such disposal Federation Press shall be entitled and the Customer shall be under a fiduciary duty to account to Federation Press for the proceeds of sale but may retain therefrom any excess over the purchase amount owing to Federation Press. In addition Federation Press shall be entitled to make a claim against the Customer's customer for any purchase moneys unpaid by such Customer provided that Federation Press shall return to the Customer any moneys recovered in excess of the amount then owed by the Customer to Federation Press together with costs and expenses involved in making such claim.
- The Customer shall whilst any moneys are owed by the Customer to Federation Press not be at liberty to use or dispose of the goods save as provided in clause (d) above.
Payment of Accounts
All invoices must be paid within the agreed terms showing on the invoice, this is normally 30 days from date of invoice. Customers can elect to receive a monthly statement showing the transactions carried out during the preceding month.
The Federation Press accepts payment by EFT, credit card (refer Credit Card payments below), cash and cheque. Customers are requested to provide The Federation Press with a remittance advice giving details of all payments made to allow for correct allocation of the payment. Remittance advices can be attached to the payment or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 02 9552 1681.
Cheques are to be drawn in favour of The Federation Press Pty Ltd.
All invoice charges are in Australian Dollars. All payments are to be made in Australian Dollars unless prior arrangements have been made.
The Federation Press accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners. All credit card payments in excess of $500.00 will incur a transaction fee of 1.5% (Visa and MasterCard) and 2.0% (American Express and Diners). Please contact our Sales Coordinator to make credit card payments.
Cessation of supply
The Federation Press reserves the right, at any time, to decline further supply in the event that any account is operating outside the agreed terms and conditions. Every effort will be made to contact Customers prior to the cessation of further supply and before their account is placed on 'Stop'. If you are having difficulty with payment of your account, please contact the Operations Manager to discuss payment options.
Reinstatement of supply
Once an account has been placed on 'Stop', payment of the balance will not automatically lead to reinstatement of the account. Further trading on an account basis will be at the discretion of The Federation Press. Please contact the Operations Manager should you wish to dicuss payment options.
Claims in respect of non-receipt of items ordered must be made within fourteen (14) days of the date of the original order being placed.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure the correct goods are despatched to you, oversights do occur. If an incorrect order is received by you, please immediately contact our Administration Coordinator for return instructions. All returns will be at the expense of The Federation Press, provided the Company's nominated carrier is used. Claims must be made with seven (7) days of delivery.
Faulty or damaged copies
In the event of a faulty or damaged book being received by you, The Federation Press will be happy to despatch a replacement immediately on receipt of:
- The original Invoice number
- Details of the fault or damage to the book
- The title page of hardback books or the title page and front and back covers of paperback books.
Claims must be made within seven (7) days of delivery. Please contact the Sales Coordinator on 02 9552 2200 or email@example.com
Requests to return overstocks of student textbooks will be considered provided that application is made in writing to The Federation Press detailing:
- The quantity of student text books, by individual title, to be returned.
- Date and number of original invoice the textbooks were purchased on.
- The ‘Returns Approval Procedure’ set out below must be followed.
All applications for return of overstocked textbooks must be made within six (6) months from the date of the original invoice and the application to return must not exceed 10% of the original supply invoice. Freight/postage on all returned items is at the customer's expense and must be pre-paid.
The Federation Press agrees to notify all Customers when new editions are to be published and/or have been published. Titles within The Federation Press's list which have been superseded by a new edition may be returned provided that:
- The returns are received by The Federation Press within three (3) months after the publication of the new edition.
- The book is returned within twelve (12) months from the date of the original invoice.
- The 'Returns Authorisation Procedures' set out below has been followed.
Returns Authorisation Procedures
- Contact Sue Dyson on (02) 9552 2200; fax 02 9552 1681; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for 'Approval to Return'.
- All books are to be returned in a mint resaleable condition.
- Returns damaged because of insufficient packaging will not be accepted.
- Returns containing an electronic security code or sticker will not be accepted.
- Freight on returns is at the customer's expense and must be pre-paid.
- Authority to Return Forms are valid for one month from the date of issue, unless otherwise advised.